bogus email address

REGINA PUSTET pustetrm at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 25 07:07:53 UTC 2012

David -- so far, I have not received any mail from this address.
Regina

________________________________
 From: ROOD DAVID S <david.rood at COLORADO.EDU>
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 11:14 AM
Subject: bogus email address

Dear Siouan list members,

It has recently come to my attention that my name is associated with an email address at lakota.org (Lakota Language Consortium). This has been the case since 2009 or perhaps even longer.  I do not have or have ever had access to this email account.  The only email address I have ever used professionally is my Colorado.edu one.

What I need to know from you is whether  you have ever received emails supposedly from me at the lakota.org address or whether you have written to me at that address.  In any case, they were neither written by or nor read by me.

So, please, I need your help in determining how the bogus email account was used.  And please, write to me only at my Colorado.edu address.

Thank you.

David

David S. Rood Dept. of Linguistics Univ. of Colorado 295 UCB Boulder, CO 80309-0295
USA
rood at colorado.edu