SCLC room update

rgraczyk at AOL.COM rgraczyk at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 1 23:01:41 UTC 2012

I reserved a single room.

Randy Graczyk

-----Original Message-----
From: David Kaufman <dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM>
To: SIOUAN <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>
Sent: Thu, May 31, 2012 11:32 am
Subject: SCLC room update

Hi all,

Per my meeting with KU Housing yesterday, here is what to expect when
you arrive at the Margaret Amini Hall:

1) no parking permit is needed to park in the lot next to the Hall;
2) when you first arrive, there will be someone from Housing on scene
to help you and go over safety proedures;
3) rooms are either single or double.  Double rooms will have four
beds, single rooms two.  Each single or double room shares one bathroom
(with two sinks).  Many of the rooms will have a bunk bed (with ladder
for top one) but a few have separate beds.
4) fresh linens will be available daily, including towels;
5) there are patios for smoking or gathering outdoors, one with a
bar-b-q grill;
6) there is an inside lounge/sitting area (with piano) where you may
gather after conference hours;
7) you will be given an internet access code when you arrive;
8) you will be given an electronic key to access the front door and a
regular key to your room;
9) there will be a KU Housing attendant on hand Fri from 7:00-10:00 am
and 5:00-10:00 pm and weekend 9:00-12:00 and 5:00-10:00 pm.  There will
be an emergency contact number to reach someone in case of emergency
after and between those times;
10) when you check out on Sunday, luggage can be kept in a locked side
room at the Hall;
11) there is a kitchen with refrigerator/freezer in which to keep
snacks, leftovers, etc.
12) there is a laundry room on site, $1.25 to wash.

Most importantly, if you have reserved a room at the Hall, could you
please send me your name asap and, if you have a roommate, please
indicate the name(s) of others you'll be sharing your room with.  I
have to give KU Housing a list by Jun 7 so they know how many rooms to
allot and for how many people in each room.

Thanks!

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas