Biloxi Words and Tutelo-Saponi

Scott Collins saponi360 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 19 18:47:42 UTC 2012

For Bald Cypress, based on the word in Biloxi which is borrowed word from Choctaw, I have come up with the following in Tutel-Saponi for this word:

xa:pi -xti -ta dalanon ho oto:

dalanon ho = shake ir shaking or moving fast in a back and forth manner
oto: = leaf  (also means grass)

xa:pi = bark
-xti = augmentative
-ta = great or big

xa:pi -xti -ta this is in refernce to the trunk  and dalanon ho oto: in reference to the 'shaking leaves' from the definition of the Choctaw word kolo as in shan-kolo.

Literally the big trunked tree with shaking leaves.

Scott P. Collins
WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Evil Is An Outer Manifestation Of An Inner Struggle

“Men and women become accomplices to those evils they fail to oppose.”

"The greater the denial the greater the awakening."