Biloxi Words and Tutelo-Saponi

Scott Collins saponi360 at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 13 02:23:07 UTC 2012

I'm trying to figure out how to get a translation from Biloxi inot Tutelo-Saponi.

The words in Biloxi are Sokuno and Sokudi nithaani.

Sokuno is Cypress or a.k.a. Bald Cypress

Sokudi nithaani is the Pond Cypress

I was doing a translation on the Juniper which was Cuwahana in Biloxi. I used acu:ti wi:ya for this because it is called the redwood tree or the words translate into literally as redwood tree or red wood. I have not yet found a word for Cedar which is another species of tree from the Juniperus virginiana a.k.a. Juniper tree.

I'm trying to get a breakdown on Sokuno and Sokudi nithaani as to better be able to literalize the translation and see if I can find the correlating Tutelo-Saponi words for these two species of Cypress trees.

I'm working on four tree species; the pine tree (waste or wasti in Tutelo-Saponi), juniper tree (acuti wiya in Tutelo-Saponi), the cypress tree and cedar tree.

Scott P. Collins
WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Evil Is An Outer Manifestation Of An Inner Struggle

“Men and women become accomplices to those evils they fail to oppose.”

"The greater the denial the greater the awakening."