Biloxi Words and Tutelo-Saponi

Anthony Grant Granta at EDGEHILL.AC.UK
Sun May 13 09:10:15 UTC 2012

Cuwahana in Biloxi is said to be a borrowing from Choctaw cuwahla.

Anthony

>>> Scott Collins <saponi360 at YAHOO.COM> 05/13/12 6:21 AM >>>
Would Cedar then possibly be Siwiya (yellowwood) since Juniper is
possibly called acutiwiya (redwood)? I'm thinking this because true
Cedar (Cedarus spp.) has yellow wood.

Scott P. Collins
WE ARE THE ONES WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

Evil Is An Outer Manifestation Of An Inner Struggle

“Men and women become accomplices to those evils they fail to oppose.”

"The greater the denial the greater the awakening."