Antw: Re: NAME

Catherine Rudin carudin1 at WSC.EDU
Mon Sep 10 14:45:20 UTC 2012

Me too, Jill.  I'm in the middle of reading the sketch -- enjoying it a
lot; very nice!  But I too am having some trouble reading the fonts.
Catherine

>>> Johannes Helmbrecht              09/10/12 3:23 AM >>>
Dear Jill,

I am also very curious to read your grammar sketch, many thanks for
sending it
around. Could you tell me which fonts you are used, unfortunately, not
all
characters come out correctly? Or, could you provide me with a pdf
version of
the Word document?

All the best from Regensburg
Johannes

--

Professor Dr. Johannes Helmbrecht
Lehrstuhl für Allgemeine und Vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft

Tel. 0941/943-3388
Tel. 0941/943-3387 (Sekretariat)
Fax. 0941/943-2429

Website:
www-avs.uni-regensburg.de
E-mail:
johannes.helmbrecht at sprachlit.uni-regensburg.de

>>> "Greer, Jill"  schrieb am 16.08.2012 um 18:14 in
Nachricht
:
> Catherine,
>
> Thanks!  It truly is a draft still.  The thing that will be clear from
the
> get go is that I'm trying make it for the native community,  not for
the
> professionals.  So it may be a little annoying to have my attempts to
teach
> few terms,  and there may be better ways to explain things than I have
done

> so far.  And my hope of having an annotated text with the digital file
> accompany it frame by frame hasn't been realized yet,  so the appendix
is
> empty.  The papers I gave at WhiteCloud and Lincoln are the texts
referenced

> there.
>
> Also,  I have not put in the consonant clusters (it will be a tedious
chore)

> in the phonology section.  Is that really necessary for this kind of
> document?  And representing the irregular verb paradigms is another
chore
not
> finished.  But,  I think I'm stuck without some feedback.
>
> I don't know there are too many ideas to steal,  other than dropping
the
> standard IJAL outline that I really hate.  I just could not keep doing
the
> 1.1.a stuff :).
>
> Thanks -  I think it will be okay -  he's in a wing of the dorms
devoted to

> Honors freshmen exclusively, so the geeks can all hang out together
and
> hopefully not get beat up!
>
> I don't know where it went,  but I'm hoping for a rainy fall to bring
back
> some green somewhere.  It was good to see you,  and I sorry I didn't
jump in

> and make it to the early dinner Saturday night.  If I had the nerve to
go
> dancing,  I'd have jumped right in there, but I confess I really don't
know

> how, and was a little worried I'd end up being a "5th wheel." That
entire
> conference I was out of sorts -  running behind on getting my paper
together,
> and not getting it quite to a decent form.  I wish the conference were
later

> in the summer, since that's pretty much my only time for doing any
language

> work.   I love the ideas and folks, but always manage to say more than
> should and then spend the drive home feeling I need to apologize to
half of

> my fellow Siouanists :(.   I'm working on the tongue control issue in
many
> aspect of life.
>
> Enough of my blathering.  I have one more syllabus to finish before
Monday!

> Best,
> Jill
>
> P.S.  Our home computer where I wrote this has Vista, and there may be
some

> font issues.

I'll
> have some useful comments for you -- I'll do my best! -- but mostly
hope to
steal
> some of your ideas.
>
> Good luck to your baby boy in college!  Freshman move-in day here is
Friday
--
> where did the summer go?
>
> Catherine

> > remember,  those pesky young freshman> > (My eldest son starts U of Arkansas this year.)
>
> That's simply not possible.  I remember when he was born.  I can't
possibly

> be that old.
>
> > If anyone is seriously interested in commenting on my grammar sketch
in
> progress,  let me know, and I'll send you a copy.
>
> YES, absolutely!  I've never seen it.  Linda and I are thinking about
doing

> a full fledged Kaw grammar.  It would be great to see what you are
doing.

> > A few corrections and additions have been made to the version that's
on
> Jimm's site now,  but I want to get it in near final form before we
change
it
> out again, and it's always nice to have someone else's eye (not to
mention
> brain) take a look.
>

> This email may contain identifiable personal information that is
subject to

> protection under state and federal law. This information is intended
for the

> use of the individual named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be

> aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of
> this information is prohibited and may be punishable by law. If you
have
> received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us
immediately