The joke's on you, Bob.

Sky Campbell sky at LEGENDREADERS.COM
Sat Aug 24 22:30:39 UTC 2013

LOL!

Sky

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] On Behalf Of
Rankin, Robert L.
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:10 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: The joke's on you, Bob.

Just a footnote to the Saganash saga.  A year or so ago I had an appointment
in Topeka and drove in through the north (seedy) side of town.  I passed a
place called the Sasnak Tavern and thought maybe the name was based on the
Indian name for 'British' that we have just recently been discussing here
(even though it was missing a bunch of phonemes).

I managed to convince myself of this amazing discovery to the point that I
even thought about stopping off for a beer to ask about the history of the
bar's name.  Then, driving away and feeling very proud of my intellectual
prowess in recognizing such an obscure historical fact, I happened to glance
in the rear view mirror and saw the mirror image of the name.

Oh shit.