New Kaw Language Program Director

David Kaufman dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 21 03:17:58 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just a note to let everyone know that I am now the new Director of the Kaw
Language Program in Kaw City, OK.  Linda Cumberland, my predecessor, is now
retired, and I wish her the best in her retirement.  I spent the past week
with Linda in training down at the Kaw Nation.  I will be moving from
Lawrence, KS to Ponca City, OK on July 31 and will resume my position as
Director on Monday, August 5.

I am excited about this opportunity to help the Kaw Nation with their
language and culture revitalization efforts.  I will, however, also still
be enrolled as a student at KU and working to finish my dissertation, The
Lower Mississippi Valley as a Language Area, in my off hours, hoping to
defend next Spring.  I will continue working with Bob Rankin not only as a
member of my dissertation committee but also in connection with his years
of work on the Kaw (Kanza) language.

Cheers,
Dave

--