Siouan Conference.

Rankin, Robert L. rankin at KU.EDU
Sat Jun 1 23:30:42 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I'm afraid I'm going to miss the Conference this year.  I didn't get started early enough trying to arrange my dialysis at Ft. Yates and I'd have to commute 110 mi. round trip to/from Bismarck twice, and that was a little too much to face.  Next year for sure.  In addition, I wasn't really happy with the couple of papers I've been working on, though I suppose I could have cobbled something together.

The program looks great and I'm especially interested in seeing the papers on Chiwere.  It's so under-represented in the literature.  I hope I can prevail on participants to share .pdf copies of their work with the Siouan Archive (and me).

We're trying to arrange to get some of the new Kaw dictionaries to the meeting, but if we're unable to they can be ordered from Linda via the mails.

Hoist a brewski for me.