Words for Loss, Lose and Lost

David Kaufman dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 2 18:44:40 UTC 2013

I can add to this that Biloxi seems to have capi 'drop' (e.g., du-capi
'fall by [from] hand') and (h)ide 'fall (of its own accord).'  Also taho
(~toho) 'lie'/'recline' is used at times, such as in oktaho 'make fall by
shooting/shoot down'.  Ofo has atonahi, with that familiar -hi.

Dave

--
David Kaufman, Ph.C.
University of Kansas