Kaw Language Director postion

Cumberland, Linda A lcumberl at INDIANA.EDU
Thu May 2 21:44:27 UTC 2013

Hello, All,

I tried to post this earlier and it hasn't come through yet, so I'll
try again. I hope one or more of you will be interested in this.
Contact me if you have questions as lcumberland at kawnation.com or call
me at (580) 269-1199.

Linda

Kaw Language Director:

Location: Kaw City, OK

The Kaw Nation is seeking a Language Director with a minimum
qualification of a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Native American
Studies, Anthropology, Education, and/or the Humanities or a directly
related field of study, and administrative experience including
appropriate computer skills in a Windows environment. Candidates who
possess knowledge of one or more Siouan languages (especially Dhegiha:
Kaw, Osage, Omaha, Ponca, and Quapaw) will have preference. Must be
able to set priorities, organize, coordinate work efficiently, and to
establish good personal relations with other workers and the public.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as well as
possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable.

Applications available at www.kawnation.com. Resumes without an
Application and Disclosure Agreement, and questionnaire for child care
adjudication will not be considered. Submit applications with/without
resumes to PO Box 50, Kaw City, OK 74641 or fax to (580) 269-2536.

Applications accepted until position filled.

For additional information contact:
Kaw Nation Human Resource Department
(580) 269-2552.
EEO & Drug free work place employer
Indian Preference considered with verification of Indian Heritage