Antw: Festschrift for Bob

De Reuse, Willem WillemDeReuse at MY.UNT.EDU
Sun Apr 13 17:33:37 UTC 2014

Hmm, let us take Bob's statements that Siouanists are lazy with a grain of salt.  I don't know about all fields of Native American linguistics, but in the field of Athabascan, we have the same problem!    And Athabascanists won't tolerate anyone calling them lazy!   :)

Willem
From: Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu> on behalf of Johannes Helmbrecht <Johannes.Helmbrecht at SPRACHLIT.UNI-REGENSBURG.DE>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:48 AM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Antw: Festschrift for Bob

Dear Siouanists,

I remember that I once had a conversation with Bob on published articles on
Siouan languages, and he told me that Siouanists are lazy, they don't publish
their stuff, so that so many manuscripts bear the lable "unfinished or
unpublished" and are stored somewhere on various computers or even as copies in
various shoeboxes. I think, we are all aware of this problem.