citation/quotation conventions for list?

Bryan James Gordon linguist at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 24 22:57:19 UTC 2014

Hi Saul,

I've cited Siouan List messages a few times before, often because the List
is the only place I can find the relevant claims or data in an easily
accessible form. I certainly welcome having my own List messages cited.
That being said, for academic venues we have to keep in mind that the List
is not peer-reviewed in the ordinary sense, and it's hard to know how on-
or off-the-record things are. I'd like to continue your conversation about
the relationship between language and culture (and also take part more
actively in other Siouan stuff like helping out with edited volumes), but
right now I'm frantically trying to finish my comprehensive exams so I'll
have to put that off until the conference. Keep up the good work!

Bryan