Siouan list management team

Jimm G. GoodTracks jgoodtracks at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 14 19:27:38 UTC 2014

Pi dana ke.  Everthing can always  become better.

Late IOM Elders (were one in saying): Itun Wakanda, irogre broge uxre mañi hñe ke (First God, next everything will continue to follow).

Mark, there are so many of us that are one with you in heart, mind and prayer.

From: Mark Awakuni-Swetland
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 12:47 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Siouan list management team

Hello all,

This is Rory typing.  I’m with Mark in his office right now, and we are working out how to manage the Siouan list going forward.  Mark is somewhat visually impaired at present, and can’t do the typing stuff, but otherwise is very much on the ball.

Mark:  Due to health issues (being practically blind), I want to make sure list functions are not impaired.  List members (Rory Larson and Loren Frerichs) have agreed/volunteered/stepped forward to assist.  Now we have a UNL-based management team.  We will figure out a way to contact us.

Rory:  This morning I met with Loren Frerichs, a former Omaha student of ours and a computer guru with godly powers over the listserv.  He made the two of us co-owners, along with Mark, over the Siouan list.  So in the future, either of us should also work for setting up new accounts, etc.

Mark:  We will go through all pending requests and act on them.  If we fail to find your request, or your students’ request, give us a shout!

Mark and Rory

Mark Awakuni-Swetland, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Anthropology & Ethnic Studies

Native American Studies

University of Nebraska

Oldfather Hall 841

Lincoln, NE 68588-0368

Office: 402-472-3455

FAX: 402-472-9642

http://omahalanguage.unl.edu

http://omahaponca.unl.edu

“Tenixa uqpatha egoN”, a biama winisi akHa.

Lincoln Gem and Mineral Club, Inc.

Secretary (2013, 2014)

Post Office Box 5342

Lincoln, NE 68505-0342