Sad news

Danker, Kathleen Kathleen.Danker at SDSTATE.EDU
Thu Feb 27 02:34:00 UTC 2014

I am so sorry to hear this. Bob was such a kind man and brilliant scholar.
Kathleen Danker

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] On Behalf Of David Kaufman
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:01 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Sad news

Dear all,
It is with much sadness that I let you know that Dr. Robert Rankin has passed away.  I don't have any further details at this time, but I can pass on more info once I know more.  The Kaw Nation was just contacted within the last couple of hours about his passing.
I am extremely grateful that I got to visit Bob a couple of weeks ago.
Sincerely,
Dave

David Kaufman
Linguistic Anthropology PhD candidate, University of Kansas
Director, Kaw Nation Language Program