Sad news

Bryan James Gordon linguist at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Feb 28 20:48:38 UTC 2014

This is truly heartbreaking news. Bob was surely the greatest respository
of linguistic knowledge in our tiny little world, and was gregarious in
sharing his knowledge with everybody - community members, baby linguists,
interviewers, anybody who wanted to learn. It seems he did and wrote more
work on Siouan languages than all the rest of us put together, and to top
it off he was a kind and beautiful human being with a delightful wit. I am
shocked that I won't be getting to see him again this year, but glad for
all the times I did see him and catch little pieces of his wisdom. My
deepest condolences to Bob's loved ones, of whom he has a great many.
Washkáⁿiga ho!

Bryan

>  I am so sorry to hear this. Bob was such a kind man and brilliant
> scholar.
>
> Kathleen Danker

Bryan James Gordon, MA
Joint PhD Program in Linguistics and Anthropology
University of Arizona