Sad news

Trechter, Sara STrechter at CSUCHICO.EDU
Mon Feb 24 20:19:13 UTC 2014

This is truly sad. I will miss his thoughtfulness and his great BS detection.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2014, at 12:16 PM, "Mcbride, Justin" <jtmcbri at OSTATEMAIL.OKSTATE.EDU<mailto:jtmcbri at OSTATEMAIL.OKSTATE.EDU>> wrote:

I am crushed. I am so sorry to hear this. He was an excellent mentor, a joy to work with, and a dear friend. -jtm

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM, John P. Boyle <jpboyle at languageconservancy.org<mailto:jpboyle at languageconservancy.org>> wrote:
Thanks Dave.

What a loss.  Bob was such a tremendous figure in the field.  He was always generous with his time and comments especially to us younger scholars.  He is the reason for who I am today.  I'm heartbroken.

John Boyle

From: David Kaufman <dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM<mailto:dvkanth2010 at GMAIL.COM>>
Date: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:01 PM

To: <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu<mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu>>
Subject: Sad news

Dear all,

It is with much sadness that I let you know that Dr. Robert Rankin has passed away.  I don't have any further details at this time, but I can pass on more info once I know more.  The Kaw Nation was just contacted within the last couple of hours about his passing.

I am extremely grateful that I got to visit Bob a couple of weeks ago.

Sincerely,

Dave

David Kaufman
Linguistic Anthropology PhD candidate, University of Kansas
Director, Kaw Nation Language Program