Sad news

Jan Ullrich jfu at LAKHOTA.ORG
Tue Feb 25 12:07:12 UTC 2014

This is devastating news. I knew Bob as someone who was always very kind and
generous with his help and support.

It is an terrible loss for Siouan linguistics.

Condolences to his family.

Jan

From: Siouan Linguistics [mailto:SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu] On Behalf Of David
Kaufman
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 9:01 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Sad news

Dear all,

It is with much sadness that I let you know that Dr. Robert Rankin has
passed away.  I don't have any further details at this time, but I can pass
on more info once I know more.  The Kaw Nation was just contacted within the
last couple of hours about his passing.

I am extremely grateful that I got to visit Bob a couple of weeks ago.

Sincerely,

Dave

David Kaufman

Linguistic Anthropology PhD candidate, University of Kansas

Director, Kaw Nation Language Program