Carominga

Sky Campbell sky at LEGENDREADERS.COM
Fri Jul 18 20:54:06 UTC 2014

The "caro" portion has me thinking of a few possibilities:

kera (as you pointed out)

giro (happy)

The "monga" has me thinking of:

mange (lying down)

mange (chest)

womanke (easy) <-- perhaps unlikely

mąnka (medicine) <-- seems the most unlikely but I thought I'd throw it in there

Last is a "theory" that I have that perhaps somehow, some way, "monga" might be a form of "manyi/manye".  Considering how many examples of "ng" and "ny" being swapped out (sunge/sunye, -inge/-inye, etc.), I wonder if perhaps it might be a version of "manyi".  Especially since that word is used in so many names already and your friend noted that it appears in other names as well.  This is just speculation, of course.  Speaking of which, if they could provide examples of other names that use "monga", it might help us figure it out.

Sky