2015 SCLC in Louisiana

De Reuse, Willem WillemDeReuse at MY.UNT.EDU
Wed Jun 25 13:54:15 UTC 2014

Dear Jean-Luc:

Thanks for introducing yourself. I am based near Dallas, and that is a good day's drive from Marksville, so I definitely want to come to Marksville.

Are you by any chance related to Rosa Pierite, the last speaker of Ofo? I am a big fan!

Willem de Reuse

________________________________
From: Siouan Linguistics <SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu> on behalf of Jean-Luc Pierite <jeanlucpierite at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 8:04 PM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Re: 2015 SCLC in Louisiana

Hello all,

Just jumping in on the conversation about 2015 SCLC in Louisiana. I should also introduce myself. I am Jean-Luc Pierite, a member of the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe. My family assisted Dave in his revision of the Biloxi Dictionary. My immediate family's involvement in language and culture preservation for the tribe goes back almost 40 years. My mom, Donna M. Pierite, and my sister, Elisabeth Pierite-Mora, both join me in looking forward to helping you all out with anything at all.

Thanks,

Jean-Luc Pierite
http://about.me/jeanluc.pierite