Accommodations and tentative schedule for SCLC 34

Meredith Johnson majohnson25 at WISC.EDU
Wed Mar 19 03:41:40 UTC 2014

Dear all,

We have a couple of updates about the upcoming 34th Siouan and Caddoan Languages Conference, to be held Friday, May 23 to Sunday, May 25 at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

The conference will be held at Memorial Union, which is on the University of Wisconsin campus in downtown Madison. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn, which is the closest hotel to the conference site (less than a 10 minute walk away). The special conference rate is $119/night for a double room from May 22-25. The rate is available until April 22, and you can access this rate from the following link: http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/M/MSNBJHX-ALC-20140522/index.jhtml

If you're on a tighter budget, we suggest finding a hotel on the west side of Madison and taking a bus to the conference. Bus schedules and Google transit planner are available here: http://www.cityofmadison.com/metro/ Please note that there are different schedules for the work week and weekend.

Please see attached for a (very) tentative schedule. If you‘d like to secure one of the spots on this schedule, remember to submit an abstract online at http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/SCLC34 by this Sunday, March 23! :)

Lastly, we hope to have registration available shortly! We are still waiting for confirmation on our conference funding. If it comes through (fingers crossed!), registration will be free, and there will be a subsidized conference dinner. We will let you know as soon as we do!

We hope to have more info for you soon, but in the meantime, please feel free to e-mail with any questions. Also check our new website https://sites.google.com/site/34sclc/accomodations for updates and additional information.

All the best,
Meredith Johnson
Bryan Rosen
Matea Schuck