Accommodations and tentative schedule for SCLC 34

Jimm Goodtracks jgoodtracks at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 20 14:35:15 UTC 2014

For printing, may I suggest Lulu, a printing service on demand.  They print the book when ordered.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security.   Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.

Worth considering.

From: Catherine Rudin
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:54 AM
To: SIOUAN at listserv.unl.edu
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: Accommodations and tentative schedule for SCLC 34

I like both Anthony's and Johannes' festschrift suggestions.  Including some of Bob's work is a fine idea; there are many such papers and it would be a fitting tribute. We'd need permission, of course.  Basing the festschrift around the old comparative Siouan project is also a great idea; I would love to see that planned volume finally come to pass, or at least a volume that included some of the papers intended for it.

If a festschrift is to become a reality there are a lot of practical matters to address ... finding a publisher, setting up a system for soliciting, accepting, and editing papers, etc.  It's probably a project best accomplished by a small group of people rather than by whole-list discussion, once it gets past about the stage we're at now.  May I suggest that we pick 2 or 3 people for this job?  I'd be willing to be one of them, though if other folks volunteer I'd also be happy to step aside and let someone else do it.

Catherine

>>> Anthony Grant <Granta at EDGEHILL.AC.UK> 03/20/14 7:41 AM >>>
Could I suggest that the festschrift contain some of Bob's inedita - conference papers he wrote up but didn't publish? He did one or two of these on Quapaw, I believe, and there must be others.

Anthony