USA-L News, 04/03/99 No. 1

Philip N. Moos pmoos at PLUTO.NJCC.COM
Sat Apr 3 01:44:49 UTC 1999

Announcement .................

An open letter to all:

Can you imagine losing your home and all of your worldly possessions and
then being shot in front of your family, just because you are deaf?  Can
you imagine what would happen to your family afterwards, with your children
homeless and alone in the world?

I can’t, but that is what is happening all over the world.  As an example,
this was just reported in the Washington Post reporting on the refugees
from Kosovo during the NATO bombing:

“A deaf and mute [sic] man, Vefai Rexhemi, who did not understand when a
Yugoslav soldier told him to give the three-finger Serbian victory sign,
was taken from a column of refugees and shot in the head in front of his
wife and two children. This afternoon, his wife, Dardan, also deaf and mute
[sic], held her two children and wept tears onto the ground from the back
of an open truck as a neighbor spoke of her husband's fate.”

Recently established, the Real Assistance for International Deaf and Hard
of Hearing (RAIDHH), a grass-roots charity organization, seeks to assist
international deaf and hard of hearing people in any way possible during
times of crisis.  Deaf and hard of hearing people all over the world,
caught up in war and famine need your help.  If you don’t help, who will?

Can you please take a moment to help out in two ways:  forward this email
to others and send some money to RAIDHH.

Every dollar will help, even if it is only $5.  If you can contribute
more...$10, $100, $1,000 or even more, all the better.   You and I are
fortunate to be able to live our lives without worrying about where our
next meal will come from, worrying about where we will sleep tonight, and
worrying about whether we will still be alive by the end of the day.

You can help RAIDHH out by sending checks or assistance to:

     RAIDHH
     P.O. Box 73
     Greenbelt, MD  20768

Sincerely,

Kelby Nathan Brick, Esquire
RAIDHH Founder

|  You are required to give USA-L News credits as the  |
|  distributor of news/information.                    |
|  **  A public service of Creative Designers  **      |