signoff SLLING-L at admin.Humberc.on.ca

Mary Arliskas mearlis at FLASH.NET
Tue Feb 16 00:22:49 UTC 1999

here is the welcome message for the list. It will tell you how to sign off.
In the future, saving these welcome messages is a seperate folder is a
tremendous help in times like this.

good luck, mary

welcome message
You  may leave  the list  at  any time  by sending  a "SIGNOFF  SLLING-L"
command to  LISTSERV at ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA. You can also  tell LISTSERV how
you want it to  confirm the receipt of messages you send  to the list. If
you do  not trust  the system,  send a "SET  SLLING-L REPRO"  command and
LISTSERV will send you  a copy of your own messages, so  that you can see
that the  message was  distributed and  did not get  damaged on  the way.
After a while  you may find that this is  getting annoying, especially if
your mail program does not tell you  that the message is from you when it
informs you that new  mail has arrived from SLLING-L. If  you send a "SET
SLLING-L  ACK   NOREPRO"  command,  LISTSERV   will  mail  you   a  short
acknowledgement  instead,  which  will  look different  in  your  mailbox
directory. With most mail programs you will know immediately that this is
an  acknowledgement  you  can  read  later. Finally,  you  can  turn  off
acknowledgements completely with "SET SLLING-L NOACK NOREPRO".

At 03:24 PM 2/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Will someone kindly tell me how to get off this list?
>
>Thanks!

>"signoff SLLING-L at admin.Humberc.on.ca"

~~~~~
If you do not find me at home
accepting the things I cannot change
I am probably out changing the things