Writing Diagonal Movement

Mary Arliskas mearlis at FLASH.NET
Tue Jan 19 20:26:12 UTC 1999

I have interpreted for advanced math courses and the sign I use for "angle"
is a diagonal b - hand, palm orientation up, from dominant side to non
dominant side.

how are "HELL" and "DAMN" signed? I think I know hell but not damn...

At 01:54 PM 1/19/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Don & Theresa G wrote:
>
>> Two that immediately come to mind: "HELL" and "DAMN".
>>
>> --Don Grushkin
>>

>> >At the end of the lesson I ask people to help me find examples of signs
>> >that use diagonal movement. Do you know of any? No matter what signed
>> >language you use, I am interested in finding good examples. So please feel
>> >free to write with your suggestions :-)
>> >
>> >Have a wonderful day!
>> >
>> >Valerie :-)
>> >
>> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >mailto:DAC at SignWriting.org
>> >
>> >Visit the SignWritingSite:
>> >http://www.SignWriting.org
>> >
>> >Valerie Sutton at The DAC
>> >Deaf Action Committee For SignWriting
>> >Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
>> >(619)456-0010   tty
>> >(619)456-0098   voice
>> >(619)456-0020   fax
>> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> >
>> >The SignWriting List
>> >discusses writing signed languages
>> >To join, write to...
>> >mailto:DAC at SignWriting.org
>>
>I add to your list NEVER (I think this latter halfish of the production of
>this sign may vary depending upon its inflection and related contextual
>lexical intention...<thinking out loud here on this one>
>
>What about LIGHTENING ? ORDER / <directional> ORDER(me) ?
>
>Still thinkin'  ;) .........LINDA

Mary E. Arliskas
Teacher for Deaf/EBD Students
Chicago Public Schools