Q: Chinese Sign Language

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Jan 21 15:54:17 UTC 1999

         The following appeared in LINGUIST List #10-80.
                Please do NOT reply to me, but
      direct any responses directly to the original poster
                  at the address given below.

Dear Netters,

I am interested in learning or learning about Chinese Sign Language
(or languages?). Could anyone give me ANY information as to how I should
proceed? Are there schools in China that teach it? Where in China?  How is
teaching conducted in schools for the deaf in China? Where can one find
such schools? Is there research in this area? How are deaf kids taught in
Taiwan or Singapore? Are the Sign Language the same in all those areas? ......

ANY information is gratefully appreciated.

Hua
Hua Lin, Ph. D. (Name in GB:   or  in Big5:  L)
Assistant Professor
Department of Linguistics
University of Victoria
P.O.Box 3045