Child Language Seminar

Linda Lee Lonning lonning at CSD.UWM.EDU
Wed Jan 27 16:57:02 UTC 1999

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, B.Woll wrote:

> This year's Child Language Seminar may be of interest to Sign Language
> researchers, because of current research programmes of both key-note
> speakers: Judy Kegl and Dan Slobin.  As normal there will be BSL-English
> interpretation provided.

>    CHILD LANGUAGE SEMINAR 1999
>
>                 FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>                            2-4 September 1999
>
> The 1999 Child Language Seminar will be hosted by the Department of
> Language and Communication Science, City University, London, UK.
> Proposals are invited for papers of 30 minutes duration and for posters on
> issues related to language acquisition in children.
>
> *   KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: Dan Slobin and Judy Kegl
>
> *   CONFERENCE LOCATION
> The Conference sessions will be held at the Oliver Thomson suite with
> accommodation nearby at Rosebery Hall.  City University is located near
> Islington, within walking distance of central London.
>
> *   PUBLICATION OF PROCEEDINGS
> Selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings, to appear
> before 31 December 2000.
>
> *   HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
> Abstracts should be up to 250 words in length (excluding references) and
> may be submitted preferably by e-mail or e-mail attachment, alternatively
> by mail or Fax. Submissions should be received by 1 May 1999. At the top
> of the abstract please include Name(s) of Author(s), Institutional
> Affiliation, Full Address, E-Mail Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers,
> Paper or Poster, Equipment Requirements.
>
> Please leave several lines between this information and the title and body
> of the abstract so that the header information can be removed for
> anonymous review.
>
> Send your abstract to:
> CLS 99
> Dept. of Language and Communication Science,
> City University,
> Northampton Sq.,
> London, EC1V 0HB
>
> e-mail: b.woll at city.ac.uk
> Fax:    (+44) (0)171 477 8577
> Minicom / TTY: +44(0) 171 477 8314
>
> *  FOR QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CONFERENCE
>
> Please check our conference website:
> http://www.city.ac.uk/ccs/cls99.htm
>
> or contact:
>
> Gary Morgan: 44 (0) 171 419 3162
>
> Shula Chiat:    44 (0)171 477  8297
>

> -------
> Gary Morgan
> Dept of Linguistics, UCL, London
> tel: 0171 4193162 (voice/text)
> fax: 0171 3834198
>

> Bencie Woll
> b.woll at city.ac.uk
> Chair of Sign Language and Deaf Studies
> City University, Northampton Square
> London EC1V 0HB, UK
> Tel: +44 (0)171 477 8354 (voice) +44 (0)171 477 8314 (text)
> Fax: +44 (0)171 477 8577 or 8354

Thought I'd cc this to all since others may be wondering same...

How can a person get a copy of this convention's proceedings?

Regards,    Linda L. Lonning, Interpreter--University of Wisc.--Milw.
                       Other "hat" = Community Interpreter; BS; CT