hearing parents signing to hearing infants

Mickey Jones mjones at ROE46.K12.IL.US
Mon Jul 26 16:48:07 UTC 1999

Deaf parents sign to their hearing children and it does not interfere with
their acquisition of spoken English. The children can acquire both
simultaneously. I did my dissertation on this topic some years ago. Feel
free to email me directly with questions or for some references.

I have not studied/published about my own children (both hearing (me,
too)... my wife is deaf) who both sign and speak, but will be happy to
share anecdotes, too.

Mickey Jones