Petition for official recognition of Bristish Sign Language by UK Government

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Jun 1 13:56:20 UTC 1999

I will print and sign the petition and send it in. I will not pass it on to "all
my friends, family and colleagues". Chain letters are an abomination and a
source of the clogging of the Internet.

All of us on this list support sign language. EVERY cause has its supporters.
Imagine getting chain letters for
     curling
     Armenian rights
     Esperanto
     the Mormon church
     fundamentalist/literalist Christianity
     orthodox/literalist Judaism
     neo-Paganism
     Civil War reenactment
     animal rescue
     yogic meditation
     the Linux operating system
and that is just a small sampling of the activities and causes of some of my
friends, family and colleagues. Well, that's what you'd get if they sent their
materials on to me and I sent them on to you.

Support your causes, but not with chain letters.

-- Mark A. Mandel

Jo Atkinson wrote:

Please add your name to the list and send it on to all your friends, family and
colleagues!

If you are number 20) on the list please continue the petition by forwarding it
to your friends but also send it to bslmarch at hotmail.com

It is better to copy this e-mail and then send it on.  You can forward it but
the petition will end up with a long list of names at the top of the e-mail.