Continuous vs. Repetitive inflection in ASL

Ronnie Wilbur wilbur at OMNI.CC.PURDUE.EDU
Fri May 7 15:49:55 UTC 1999

Don,

Could you help further?  How does 'durative' differ semantically from
'continuative'?

Thanks,

Ronnie

P.S.  For those interested, formationally, the differences are shown in
pictures on p. 293 of Klima & Bellugi 'Signs of Lg'.

At 08:23 AM 5/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
> [...]
Ronnie Wilbur, Ph.D., Professor of Linguistics                  wilbur at omni.cc.purdue.edu
ASL Linguistics Research Laboratory                             (765) 494-3822
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics and                    fax (765) 494-0771
        Department of Audiology and Speech Sciences
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1353