(Fwd) please forward cheers

B.Woll b.woll at CITY.AC.UK
Tue Sep 21 12:28:42 UTC 1999

Dear colleagues, I am trying to get together a workshop on
'Cross-linguistic comparisons of sign language acquisition' for the
Amsterdam TISLR July 23rd - July 27th 2000.  This is a
continuation of the
symposium organised by Nini Hoiting and Dan Slobin in San
Sebastian,
Spain, in July this year.  Dan Slobin has agreed to be a potential
discussant for the TISLR meeting. To allow for good comparative
discussion, I would like to limit the focus of the papers to child sign
language elicited using the 'frog story' narrative stimulus material.
This is still very wide as there is a lot of different topics available
for presentation within this focused area.  The timetable for
preparation
would be: Abstracts of no more than 250 words to Gary Morgan by
OCTOBER
3rd 1999

Submission of workshop abstract to TISLR organisers on or before
NOVEMBER
1st 1999.

Notification of acceptance or rejection by TISLR December 1999

Draft papers for discussion by group by MAY 1st 2000

Please be in touch if you are interested in contributing.  We are
limited
I think to 4 presentations within the workshop time so selection of
abstracts will depend on cohesiveness across the group.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon

Gary

-------
Gary Morgan
Dept of Linguistics, UCL, London