GLORY

David N. Ascheman-Evans devans at INAME.COM
Thu Apr 20 19:28:53 UTC 2000

I don't know if this is the best or even right place to ask this question.
If it's not, please pardon the intrusion.

Recently on another discussion list the question of the English word "glory"
came up. In thinking about the ASL sign which is usually glossed as GLORY
(dom open-5 hand, palm down moves upwards in a slight spiral with from the
non-dom 5 hand, palm up), I started to wonder what its function is as a part
of speech.

There was talk that it only functions as an adjective or only as a verb or a
predicate adjective, but I'm not sure so I decided to ask here.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
David N. Ascheman-Evans