Fw: Nortel Networks commercial

Richard Arnold Rna8arnold at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 4 19:32:56 UTC 2000

In a message dated 2/4/00 10:25:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
DTGrushkin at EMAIL.MSN.COM writes:

<< A lexical borrowing from ASL?  Is that happening in the UK?

  David Mckee might be able to answer that one better than I can. But it is
used a lot in NZSL. I am not sure about BSL or Auslan. Perhaps it is a
borrowing from ASL.  NZSL may have inherited it from signed english (known as
TC in NZ) which had incorporated signs from ASL. What do you think, Dave?
Rachel?

  Benice's description of the sign VOICE used in BSL  also seems to be used
in NZSL as well. Another one is pads of the fingers of the B hand being
tapped twice on the throat.

Richard