major bookstore chain--uggh!

Professor Des Power D.Power at MAILBOX.GU.EDU.AU
Wed Feb 16 02:04:56 UTC 2000

I think  the "oxymoron" may have been the Latin root of "dictionary" in
"dico/dicere/dixi/dictum - speak" with "sign" ?? :-). If so, its no more
oxymoronish (pardon me!) than "sign phonetics" which seems to have become
standard and accepted. Not much point in looking for logic in these things!!

Des