major bookstore chain--uggh!

Trevor Jenkins Trevor.Jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Wed Feb 16 22:00:34 UTC 2000

> bookstores don't have a category for "languages other than English but not
> foreign". Offhand I can think of only a few alternatives:

You missed a fourth one, which I've seen used in one London, England
bookstore, file all materials on Deaf issues in the disabilities section of
the education department! And then to compound the felony by moving the
books from a number of shelves to a single shelf and that on the bottom of
the unit! Needless to say that no one ever found the materials.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!