major bookstore chain--uggh!

Inge Zwitserlood inge.zwitserlood at LET.UU.NL
Thu Feb 17 08:03:14 UTC 2000

>You missed a fourth one, which I've seen used in one London, England
>bookstore, file all materials on Deaf issues in the disabilities section of
>the education department! And then to compound the felony by moving the
>books from a number of shelves to a single shelf and that on the bottom of
>the unit! Needless to say that no one ever found the materials.
>
>Regards, Trevor

There is a fifth solution as well. How about if bookshops just had a (big)
section on "languages", including there all the material they have on
different languages, spoken or signed, including English as one of the
spoken languages?

By the way, are you lucky to have books on sign language in your bookstores!

Best,
Inge

              Inge Zwitserlood

Trans 10                     Fort Orthenlaan 13
3512 JK  UTRECHT             5231 PZ  DEN BOSCH
THE NETHERLANDS              THE NETHERLANDS
+31 30 523 83 13             +31 73 642 40 43
inge.zwitserlood at let.uu.nl   izjo at knoware.nl