job announcement: Macintosh programmer

Carol Neidle carol at LOUIS-XIV.BU.EDU
Tue Jul 11 00:22:49 UTC 2000

        Senior Macintosh Programmer for the SignStream Project

 A three-year position in the academic environment at Dartmouth College
 or Boston University, depending on applicant's preference.

 We are looking for a Macintosh programmer with extensive programming
 experience in languages such as C, C++, Java, and multimedia
 programming tools.  We also expect excellent interpersonal and written
 communications skills.  The position offers flexibility in work hours
 and access to the human and technological resources of research
 universities.  The successful applicant would be in charge of
 programming -- and, to a limited extent, design -- of the NSF-funded
 SignStream Project (see http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/SignStream) and
 report directly to the Director, Prof. Carol Neidle at Boston
 University. If working at Dartmouth College, applicant would work in
 the Department of Humanities Resources, reporting to the Director.

 This is a unique opportunity for a senior Macintosh programmer to
 prove his or her skills in programming languages, database structures,
 and multimedia tools, as part of a team of researchers at several
 universities.

 Please address inquiries or expressions of interest in the position
 to Otmar Foelsche (otmar.foelsche at dartmouth.edu) and Carol Neidle
 (carol at bu.edu).

 Boston University and Dartmouth College are Equal Opportunity/
 Affirmative Action employers.