BSL interpreters at TISLR 7?

Adam Schembri acschembri at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 29 02:25:40 UTC 2000

Does anyone know if there will be any British Sign Language interpreters
accompanying British deaf participants at the TISLR 7 conference in
Amsterdam, July 22-27? The official languages of the conference are Sign
Language of the Netherlands (NGT) and English, so I am hoping that the
British deaf delegation will be organising to bring their own interpreters.

I am asking because I am aware of two deaf Australians who will be coming to
TISLR 7, but they will not be bringing their own interpreter. I am sure,
however, they would be comfortable following any BSL interpretation that is
provided (BSL and Australian Sign Language are perhaps best considered
varieties of the same signed language).

Cheers,

Adam Schembri

Adam Schembri