query: sl phonology

Ulrike Zeshan u.zeshan at LATROBE.EDU.AU
Thu Mar 16 01:05:54 UTC 2000

Dear all,

this is a message to all you sign phonologists out there. I am trying to
get an idea of where sign language phonology (on which I have never worked
myself) stands at the moment. What are the prevailing models being used
nowadays? Have there been any substantial new insights in the last ten
years or so? Has there been any substantial work on sign languages other
than ASL, and if so, have important differences in phonological structure
been found? References directing me to relevant published materials will be
greatly appreciated and I'll summarize them for the list.
Thank you all,

Ulrike

Dr. Ulrike Zeshan
Senior Research Associate