ASL digital video data available

Carol Neidle carol at LOUIS-XIV.BU.EDU
Tue May 9 00:39:03 UTC 2000

Hello,

I would like to announce the availability of digital video data
corresponding to the ASL constructions (as signed by native signers)
discussed in two recent publications:

  Neidle, C., J. Kegl, D. MacLaughlin, B. Bahan, and R.G. Lee (2000)
    The Syntax of American Sign Language: Functional Categories
    and Hierarchical Structure.  Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.

  Bahan, B., J. Kegl, R.G. Lee, D. MacLaughlin, and C. Neidle (2000)
    The Licensing of Null Arguments in American Sign Language.
    Linguistic Inquiry 31:1, 1-27.

These examples are now available at our Web site and on CD-ROM, along
with other electronic documents and video data corresponding to many
other publications of the American Sign Language Linguistic Research
Project.  See http://www.bu.edu/asllrp .

Many of the examples just made available were collected in our new
facility.  For those sentences, multiple views of the signer are
provided; in addition, these data are available in various video
formats.  For more information about the National Center for Sign
Language and Gesture Resources, see http://www.bu.edu/asllrp/ncslgr.html .

These projects have been supported, in part, by grants from the
National Science Foundation.