public SL ling degree

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at UNM.EDU
Sun Nov 19 14:33:03 UTC 2000

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, Theresa Smith wrote:

> And/or you could make a case that this is a new field (speaking in the
> time of universities) and that the best programs, the most complete
> programs are, at this time, to be found within private universities.

        Excuse me?  UNM's program can kick all those fancy private
schools' asses any day. ;-)

        But besides the programs that Marisa mentioned at UCSD, UT and
UNM, and the program at Purdue, there's Diane Lillo-Martin's lab at the
University of Connecticut.  And Paul Dudis and Alyssa Wulf are sign
linguistics students who are studying at Berkeley, I believe under Eve
Sweetser.

--
                                -Angus B. Grieve-Smith
                                Linguistics Department