Seminars

Dave and Andrea herbs and pots daveandandrea at HERBSANDPOTS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Oct 10 20:44:30 UTC 2000

Hello

Does anyone know of any research seminars in the are of deafness and psychology, particularly cognition coming up this year (in England that is).

Can anyone direct me to a recentish publication or any articles on the issue of teaching, communication and deafness.  I am interested in the different views on the oral/aural schooling and the total communication schooling.  Correct me please, am I right in thinking that this is a debate which has been going on for a while, that is as to which method is more productive for deaf people.  Which one works better or are there a number of issues surrounding this?

Also, I am trying to decide on a sign, is in BSL, which would be suitable for suppression of coding in death people.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any people who have worked or are working in this area?

regards

Andrea