Administrivia - Autoresponders

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon Sep 18 16:13:23 UTC 2000

Is a single such response acceptable? My office's mail system keeps track
of the responses it sends when I've told it I'm away, and it only sends one
such response to any address. That prevents mail loops and floods of "not
here" messages, and it saves me from having to set NOMAIL on every one of
my subs when I leave and reset it when I come back.

-- Mark

   Mark A. Mandel : Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company
          Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Senior Linguist
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com

Paul Cowley <pcowley at TERPSNET.COM>@ADMIN.HUMBERC.ON.CA> on 09/15/2000
02:19:18 PM

Greetings.

Please be sure to either configure your autoresponder so it will not
respond to messages emanating from LISTSERV or to set your mail options
for the list to NOMAIL while you are away.  This will be useful in
preventing messages such as this recent message quoted below from
appearing in our Inbox.
_____

Peter Abbott will be away from e-mail from Saturday 8/28 until Tuesday
9/7.
If this matter is urgent, you can contact Elmer Fudd at (555) 555-1212,
or through email efudd at acme.com.