Q: teacher evaluation protocols

Christopher Miller miller.christopher at UQAM.CA
Thu Apr 19 14:07:34 UTC 2001

On Wednesday, April 18, 2001, at 08:19  PM, Victor Brown wrote:

> Point of clarification?
> Your asking about LSF (in the country of France)?
>
> Your "signature" on the message has you in Canada, where LSQ &
> ASL are used?

Yes — it's because of a (perhaps not so unusual) set of circumstances,
including the fact that it is often difficult for people in France to get
information on sign language in their own country and the relative lack of
development of research in some areas there, that they very often come to
our research group and the Deaf community in Montreal for help. A friend
from the Deaf community in France came here last week for just this reason,
  hoping to find the kind of resources that are lacking in France in order
to present proposals to the "Ministry of National Education" three weeks
from now. There are *some* relevant materials at a local service centre
for deaf people, but probably not entirely sufficient for the purposes of
putting together a standardised programme for the whole of the French
Republic, which is why I have been casting around for other possible leads
on his behalf.

Best regards,

Chris Miller

¶ Christopher Miller
¶ Professeur associé
¶ Département de linguistique et de didactique des langues
¶ Université du Québec à Montréal
¶ C.P. 8888, Succursale « Centre-Ville »
¶ Montréal QC H3C 3P8
¶ Canada
¶
¶ +1 514 495-3379