query: relationships between sign languages

Felix Sze felixsze at YAHOO.COM.HK
Mon Dec 3 10:05:35 UTC 2001

Dear Adam,

Hong Kong hearing people never use the 'Y' shape to
represent a person. So I think the use of this
classifier has nothing to do with the conversational
gesture among hearing people.

Felix Sze

 --- "Adam Schembri, Deaf Studies"
<Adam.Schembri at BRISTOL.AC.UK>  ºÙü_Ý4šÙ>Þ/« > See
Emmorey & Lane (2000) 'Signs of Language