TISLR8 2002 - HELP!

Anne Baker aebaker at HUM.UVA.NL
Fri Feb 16 09:54:22 UTC 2001

Dear sign linguists,

At the previous conference on Theoretical Issues in Sign Language
Research (TISLR7, July 2000, Amsterdam), the organizers indicated
that at that time no one had yet expressed interest in organizing the
next conference, in 2002. Previous conferences have been organized
every other year, the most recent ones being in Montreal (TISLR 5,
1996), Washington DC (TISLR 6, 1998), and Amsterdam (TISLR 7, 2000).

Researchers from San Francisco had indicated that they might be willing
to host the 2002 conference, but they have now indicated that they are
unable to run the conference.  People from the University of New Mexico are
considering hosting the 2004 conference.

We would like to ask everyone to consider hosting the next
conference. We can help the organizers by providing mailing lists and
information about the budget and interpreting. We hope that this
succesful series of conferences can be continued!

We are editing a volume with a selection of papers presented at the
Amsterdam conference that will be published later this year by
Signum press.

Kind regards, on behalf of the TISLR 7 organizers,

Anne Baker
Beppie van den Bogaerde
Onno Crasborn

NB All appointments via the secretary's office: tel 020-525-3864 or email:
atw at hum.uva.nl.

prof. dr. Anne E. Baker
chair of Psycholinguistics and Language Pathology
chair of Sign Language of the Netherlands
Department of Linguistics and Literature
University of Amsterdam
Spuistraat 210
1012 VT Amsterdam
The Netherlands