Lenguaje de signos manuales

Nobukatsu Minoura nobum at T-ONLINE.DE
Wed Jul 4 10:58:12 UTC 2001

I obtained a copy of:

Perello', Jorge & Juan Frigola (1998), Lenguaje de signos manuales, segunda
edicion (Cie inversiones editoriales dossat 2000, S.L. Madrid)

It's basically a sign-language-to-spoken-language dictionary.  The two
compilers are from Barcelona.  The text is written in Castilian Spanish.  It
is published in Madrid.  And the sign entries have both Castilian and
Catalan translations.  And the table of manual alphabet includes "cedilla."

But it seems like it does not mention which sign language it represents,
i.e. Spanish Sign Language or Catalan Sign Language.  (I dare not to attempt
to spell the latter's name out in Catalan.....  And with so many variations
among the names of sign languages in Spanish-speaking countries -- i.e.
idioma, lengua, etc. -- I write the former in English too.)

Does anyone have an idea what sign language it represents?

Best,

Nobukatsu Minoura
--
Nobukatsu Minoura
Feldbrunnenstrasse 31, D-20148 Hamburg (till Aug. 2001)

Yayoicho 3-35-20, #304 (from Aug. 2001)
Nakano, Tokyo 164-0013, Japan
Tel/fax: ++81 3 3377 3275

mailto:nobum at gol.com