baby signing

Karlin, Ben mfkarlb at MAIL.DMH.STATE.MO.US
Wed Mar 21 00:06:14 UTC 2001

I will use Don's comments to piggyback in and throw the gestures hearing
persons who are blind use.  (Please don't ask for a reference unless you
really, really want it; would require lots of digging on a pile-filled desk)
Makes me wonder if the gestures used by congenitally blind people are
similar across language and culture and especially if their meaning in
communication is similar.  If so, it would be interesting to see if those
same gestures appear in signed languages as meaningful.

Oooh, and Don, could it be a variation on BYE-BYE?  ;)

Ben Karlin <mfkarlb at mail.dmh.state.mo.us>
Lic. Interpreter, St. Louis Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of my employer or
the Missouri Dept. of Mental Health