contacts in Egypt

Ulrike Zeshan ulrike_zeshan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 4 07:57:28 UTC 2001

Dear all,

I am going to go on a short field trip to Egypt next month, and I have
been trying really hard to find any useful contacts in the sign
language/deaf community over there, but so far without much success. So
if any of you out there know of any deaf association, deaf school, or
the like, in Egypt, I would appreciate your help. I am now in Turkey
doing fieldwork on Turkish Sign Language, and we have started a major
research and development project here which leaves me less time for my
trip to Egypt. So having some prior contacts would make a short stay
much more productive. Thank you very much, and best regards,

Ulrike Zeshan

=====
Dr. Ulrike Zeshan
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology
Institute for Advanced Study
La Trobe University VIC 3086, Australia
ph.: +61-3-94673084, fax: +61-3-94673053
e-mail: u.zeshan at latrobe.edu.au, ulrike_zeshan at yahoo.com