Revived discussion list for computational sign linguistics

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at UNM.EDU
Sun Oct 21 13:04:40 UTC 2001

Dear SLLING subscribers:

        With the recent discussions of attempts to create automatic
spoken-to-sign language "interpreters," my colleague Dan Parvaz and I have
decided to revive So-qiwoa, our computational sign linguistics discussion
list.  Anyone interested in sign language applications of computer
technology is welcome to join.

        So-qiwoa is a discussion list, not simply an announcement list.
The Gesture-Sign-Lang-Tech list is available for announcements:
<http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/gesture-sign-lang-tech.html>.

        If you are interested in joining So-qiwoa, send an email to
<listserv at list.unm.edu> saying "subscribe so-qiwoa-l firstname lastname",
for example "subscribe so-qiwoa-l Laurent Clerc".

        The first discussion topic will be "Best Practices in Sign
Language Technology."  Looking forward to your contributions.

--
                                -Angus B. Grieve-Smith
                                Linguistics Department
                                grvsmth at unm.edu